Monday 16 August 2010

I'm Back!!

Hello all
I have returned from the Land of Holiday! And jolly nice it was too. After much deliberation, I took three books with me :

Alone in Berlin by Hans Fallada
The Anniversary Man by R.J Ellory
Palace Council by Stephen L. Carter

Oh no! A fourth book crept in when nobody was looking...
Arthur: the Seeing Stone by Kevin Crossley-Holland

Did I read them all? Well... no, actually. I didn't get further than book one, in fact.

But I did buy a new book! Does that redeem me?

White Ravens:New Stories from the Mabinogion by Owen Sheers

I've been after this book for a while because I'm intrigued by the stories of the Mabinogion - medieval Welsh manuscripts with stories from Celtic mythology, Arthurian romance, shapeshifting, love, betrayal...

In fact, my own novel, Belongings is in many ways a re-working of some of these stories for teenagers set in a context of adventure and mystery. Ooh! Beats vampire romance any day!!

... Don't tell anyone I said that.



I went to see the Mappa Mundi too - and came up with a great idea for another book! That's two on the go now. At least in my head. I can think about it while I'm unloading the dishwasher in a minute...

Happy reading :)


Kate x

1 comment:

  1. Hee hee, books do that don't they? Creeping into your luggage when you're not looking... mischievous things xD

    ReplyDelete